Friday, September 2, 2016 / by Lance Simpson
1) What kind of fixed-rate and adjustable mortgage loans available?
2) How long can I "lock-in" the financing at the current interest rate and what is the lock-in policy?
3) Is a float down lock available in case rates drop after I have locked-in?
4) What are the other fees a lender may charge me in conjunction with my loan?
5) Are funds for a second mortgage available?
6) Is there a pre-payment penalty clause? This involves extra charges for paying off the loan before
maturity. About 80% of all mortgage loans are paid off early.
7) What is the "grace" period?
8) How late can a monthly payment be made before a late charge is assessed?
9) What will happen if a payment is missed?
10) If you sell your house, will the new buyer (if he/she qualifies) be able to assume your mortgage at
the same interest rate?
11) Do you have to pay "points" to get your new mortgage? Usually lenders charge points for the cost
of giving you a mortgage loan. A "point" is 1% of the loan.
12) Will the lender require mortgage insurance?
13) Is the loan serviced locally or is the servicing sold?
14) What will the total closing costs be?